AIM BASE Receiver
The AIM BASE 2.0 is the receiver for the AIM XTRA 2.0 GPS flight tracking computer. Transmissions to 30km line of sight with an accuracy of approx 10m using the AIM BASE radio receiver. With a Yagi antenna connected to the AIM BASE, over 100km tracking range is possible!
All information from the AIM XTRA is relayed in realtime to your PC via the AIM BASE receiver. The receiver operates on the 432 to 435 MHz band.
It's so easy to use! The AIM BASE is fully USB compatible. It doesn't uses translators which emulate RS232. This really is a fully "Plug and Play" solution.
Purchased the AIM BASE and looking for information?
Your AIM BASE includes the ability to have its onboard software (firmware) upgraded by the user from his or her PC. Your altimeter includes the latest firmware available when shipped.
Because software changes can lead to different behaviour, we have to make sure you get the correct manual corresponding to the firmware loaded onto your device.
We have included everything necessary for you to get started in a convenient "package".
Key features (AIM BASE 2.0)
- Sensitive 432-435 MHz band receiver
- > 30km range with the included antenna!
- One Quarter wave antenna!
- Free custom designed software for downloading data and changing settings.
- No data kit required - connect directly to the altimeter with a mini-USB cable (not included).
- Dimensions: 3.15"L x 1.58"W x 0.79"D without the antenna, 10"L when the antenna is attached.
Firmware and software upgrades
Please download the latest "package" for your device using the links below. If you dont know your "bootloader" version, just select the latest version and the software will tell you if you have an older bootloader. If you desire an older version please select one from the list below:
Download the manual!